Standard Fertilizer Programs
Fertilizers gives the lawn important nutrients it might not otherwise receive, giving it a much needed boost. Imagine how you feel when you haven't eaten well all day—your body is lacking the proper nutrients to keep you going, so you feel lackluster and tired. If your lawn is also running on empty, it feels the same way you do—unable to function, and worn down.
Rettmann Lawn Service, Inc. can help you make informed decisions about which fertilizer program is best for your lawn.
Contact Rettmann Lawn Service, Inc. for a Consultation Today!
Our skilled and friendly employees have the know-how to give you a thick carpet of grass.
Rettmann Lawn Service, Inc. Fertilizer / Weed Control Programs
"The grass is greener" on our side of the fence!
Guaranteed weed control with Premium and Standard programs.
We carefully select the highest quality fertilizers and weed control products that will build disease resistance and create a healthy, thick turf. One of the unique things we do is that we customize our applications to each lawn, using the proper products where needed. The mixture and application rates are determined by the amount of sun or shade, moisture, and soil type. As certified professionals, you expect us to do what's best for your lawn, and that's just what we do!
Premium Fertilizer Program:
- Early Spring: Crabgrass pre-emergent is applied heavier in areas of concern and lighter in shady areas where grass struggles to grow. Slow release fertilizer is applied to entire lawn. Broadleaf weed control is applied where needed.
- Late Spring: Crabgrass pre-emergent is applied lightly to entire lawn. Slow release fertilizer is applied. Lawn is blanket sprayed with broadleaf weed control to eliminate all weeds. We guarantee weed control!
- Early Summer: Premium high potash and iron slow release granular fertilizer is applied for premium color, density, and resistance to disease & drought.
- Summer: Crabgrass, and all those obnoxious summer weeds are spot sprayed. Slow release fertilizer is applied.
- Fall: Heavier amounts of slow release fertilizer is applied for good root growth. Weeds are sprayed.
Standard Fertilizer Program:
- Early Spring, Late Spring, Summer & Fall applications as above.
Budget Fertilizer Program:
- Early Spring & Fall applications as described above.
Gypsum or Lime:
Even if you're doing everything you can, nature can still be working against you. In an ideal world, your soil's pH would be sitting at a comfortable 6.5, but that isn't always the case. Thankfully, Rettmann Lawn Service, Inc. has the fix for you! An application of lime is a great way to achieve a healthy pH.
This raises the soil pH to a desirable range and significantly improves lawn's health and vitality. This helps the grass fully utilize all the available nutrients, plus micronutrients. It helps sod recover from salt damage and dog urine spots. By raising the pH, we can also create a more difficult condition for weeds to grow. This especially helps us fight off Creeping Charlie.
A soil pH test is available if needed at no additional cost. A visual assessment is often sufficient to be able to tell if the pH is too low. If you're unsure what your soil's acidity is, Rettmann Lawn Service, Inc. would be happy to find out for you! Give us a call today and our technician will come by for a consultation at your earliest convenience.